Terry Frost was a painter and printmaker associated with the St Ives School of Art.
Born in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England, Frost did not become an artist until he was in his 30s. During his army service in World War II, he met and was taught by Adrian Heath while a prisoner of war. Subsequently, he attended Camberwell School of Art and the St. Ives School of Art. In 1951, he worked as an assistant to the sculptor Barbara Hepworth.
Frost was an abstract painter after beginning in the Euston Road Group Realist tradition. He attended evening classes in art at the age of sixteen, then worked at various jobs mainly concerned with radio and electricity. He started painting while a prisoner of war in Germany 1943, moved to St Ives in 1946 and studied under Leonard Fuller; then studied from 1947 at the Camberwell School of Art under Pasmore and Coldstream. He was a member of the Penwith Society, St Ives and had his first one-man exhibition in London at the Leicester Galleries in 1952 and in New York at the Bertha Schaefer Gallery 1960. Frost taught at Bath Academy, Corsham, 1952 was a Gregory Fellow at Leeds University 1954-6 and taught at Leeds College of Art 1956-9. He was a member of the London Group 1958, lived in St Ives 1959-63 and then moved to Banbury.
His work is included in many public and private collections including Deutsche Bank.